Warning: Hurricane Sandy’s Aftermath Poses Health Danger for Well Owners
Bordentown, United States (IBwire.com - November 21, 2012)
Homeowners who use their own well for their drinking water and who live in areas affected by flooding due to Hurricane Sandy need to sanitize their wells Now.
County officials in many of the affected areas of New Jersey and New York, are stating:
"Warning! Do Not Wash With or Drink Well Water."
· People drinking or washing with water from a private well that has been flooded will risk getting sick.
· Flood Conditions at the Well - Swiftly moving floodwater can carry large debris that could loosen well hardware, dislodge well construction materials or distort casing.
· Coarse sediment in the floodwaters could erode pump components. If the well is not tightly capped, sediment and floodwater could enter the well and contaminate it.
· Wells that are more than 10 years old or less than 50 feet deep are likely to be contaminated, even if there is no apparent damage. Floods may cause some wells to collapse.”
The first step these homeowners need to take, after making sure their electrical service to the well pump is safe, is to sanitize their well. After the sanitizing process has been completed, they then need to test their well water for bacteria to make sure the water is safe for drinking and washing once again.
The homeowner can sanitize their well themselves. They don’t need to hire a plumber or well contractor to do this. First of all, it can be very expensive and secondly, most of these "professionals" don’t know how to do it correctly.
Tom Mullen, the co-founder of Drinking Water Specialists, and the company’s lab director with nearly 30 years experience testing over 40,000 wells, has long preached that homeowners need to take control of the quality of their drinking water on at least an annual basis. But, in the aftermath of the horrific damage caused by Hurricane Sandy, Mr. Mullen says, “Well owners need to take quick and effective action now to make sure their well water is safe for drinking and washing.”
Mr. Mullen and his team have developed a simple all-in-one well sanitizing kit called, the Well Water Wellness Kit, that enables virtually any homeowner to sanitize their well themselves.
The Well Water Wellness Kit contains everything the well owner needs for doing this, including detailed written and video instructions, the treatment media, and self-test tools to test for bacteria and chlorine. All the homeowner needs to supply is a bucket, a stirring rod, and a hose.
The Well Water Wellness Kit is available for immediate shipping and can be ordered from the website: http://www.drinkingwaterspecialists.com/well-water-wellness-kit/
Drinking Water Specialists has a free on-line video called, “Chlorinating Your Well, The ‘Why’ and ‘How’ Behind Chlorination.” It’s available at www.drinkingwaterspecialists.com. Any well owner should watch this video so they can have better understanding about the importance of maintaining their well in normal times and in times like this.
Mr. Mullen is available for interviews. He is very passionate about encouraging all homeowners to “Take Control – Manage the Quality of Your Drinking Water” and wants to help educate everyone about how to do this easily and in a cost effective way.
Drinking Water Specialists, LLC
- Guaranteed Placement
- (80-100 News publication)
- Free Registration
- SEO Enhanced Press Release
- Media Distribution
- Entrance to Google News
- Entrace to Major Search Engines
- (Google, Yahoo, Bing, Ask etc)
- Cost Effective
- Quick Release and Distribution
- Easy to Use
- Industry Targeted Distribution
- News Sent to Associated Press
- News Sent to Top 100 Newspapers in United States
- News Sent 6,000 Newspapers in United States
- Social Media Distribution - Twitter, Digg,
- Stumbleupon etc
- News Stored in Database for Good
- Apparel & Textiles
- Banking & Investment
- Company Information
- Construction & Building
- Consumer Electronics
- Consumer: Gifts & Collectables
- Environmental Services
- Food & Beverage
- Home & Garden
- Hotel & Resorts
- Information Technology
- Interior Design
- Internet & New Media
- Medical & Pharmaceuticals
- Mining & Metals
- Mobile Apps
- New Public Offerings
- Non Profit
- Oil & Gas
- Public Relations
- Real Estate
- Religion & Belief
- Social Media
- Society News
- Trade Shows
- US Hispanic
- Video Games
- Web Design
- Web Hosting